Recall and warranty quesiton | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recall and warranty quesiton

ssMichaelss

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Limited
So, I dropped off my car yesterday for oil change and carbon monoxide recall. I was expected a loaner car/rental as I have the extended warranty and the first day car rental, but the service advisor told me no because recall is not under/cover by the warranty. Is this true?

Also, I have 2017 Explorer limited and it has 13800 miles on it now, but the tire's tread depth is 6/32 now. Is this normal?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's not technically a recall, so they probably don't owe you a loaner. Typically, factory tires don't last very long.

So, I dropped off my car yesterday for oil change and carbon monoxide recall. I was expected a loaner car/rental as I have the extended warranty and the first day car rental, but the service advisor told me no because recall is not under/cover by the warranty. Is this true?

Also, I have 2017 Explorer limited and it has 13800 miles on it now, but the tire's tread depth is 6/32 now. Is this normal?
I would think that if you have the ESP with 1st day rental that you would qualify for a loaner if your vehicle has to be kept over night or longer, otherwise why offer that option with the ESP. Our member blwnsmoke may have a better explanation of why you were refused. I don't know what the specifics are in that coverage.
As for the treadwear issue, there is a thread on that I found using the 'Search' feature; Treadwear Issue with Ventus S1 Noble 2 Hankooks

Peter

A recall is not a warranty repair.

The rental or 1st day rental option is for:

• Anytime you bring your vehicle in for a warranty related item you will immediately receive a rental. A regular ESP only gives you a rental when your repair will be done overnight.
So you are not entitled to one.

It's a customer satisfaction program and not a recall. If the time to complete the CSP is over so long, then it's generally Ford practice to afford a loaner. However, if it's only an hour or two, they usually have the expectation that you'd wait for the vehicle to become available on site and thus not need the transportation.

This completely negates how dealership scheduling actually works and how a 1.5 hour SLTS time is really 2.0 hours going well and 2.5 hours when a corroded bolt doesn't come away, but that's a discussion for another day. :D

Back