• Register Today It's free!

rechiping Livernois motorsport...

martyford12

Reaction score
City, State
paris
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer sport 3.5l turbo
Hi, i have a ford exporer 3.5 sport twin turbo 2016 (376hp) with Livernois air intake , sports catted doown pipe 200cel.
I can't fit the 3 bar map sensor supply with the Kit because the engine is running bad without their specific rechiping. Is that normal that this map sensor is he same as the oem air intake sensor ? Does anyone as an upgrade diagram (hp + torque) from them ?
Does the mls/hour limit will be upgraded with their "mine calibrator" OEM explorer sport are is limited at 120mls/hour....
Thanks for your help

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

The stock sensor is 2.5 bar so, you need a tune to use the 3 bar map sensor. I am running a Livernois tune and everything runs fine.

Marty -
Livernois does not "rechip" the ECU, they change certain operating parameters within the ECU by way of programming changes. Each Livernois device is programmed to the individual car. A 3 bar MAP from a Livernois tune kit WILL NOT work unless you have the 3 bar MAP calibrated tune installed. Install the stock - 2 BAR - MAP, reconnect, clear the CEL if you can, and see if it will run. If you do not have the calibrator device for THAT CAR, you need to get in touch with Livernois tech support and get some advice from them. My experience with their product is - they will need to send you a new unit to get the factory calibration numbers out of it and rebuild the tune profiles. Once you get the tune profiles on a calibrator device, you can download a 3 bar tune profile, you can reinstall the 3 bar MAP and you should be fine.

Greg9933

Back