Redneck ranger | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redneck ranger

Thats comin along pretty sweet man, see what this site does? Makes you do one thing after another, specially when you find out an easier and cheaper method :p

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

looks awesome keep up good work

i painted the pvc pipes, core support, and inside the fenders flat black. i also reinforced the snorkel with exhaust clamps and band straps.

Looks like a nice clean engine for the most part, like my 92's, i gotta work on the 95's now lmao

Looks like a nice clean engine for the most part, like my 92's, i gotta work on the 95's now lmao

thank you.

its pretty clean but leaks oil so i have to fix that, its either the oil pan or rear main (or both). i also painted the piece that goes from the throtle body to the air box ford blue like the valve covers, but i didnt like it so i never put it on lol.

the parts truck had this viser thing on the back window so i put it on my truck:

here are some pics of the interior, the seats are from the parts truck:

i painted the bottom of the fenders flat black to match the rocker panels:

i painted the piece from the throttle body to the mass air sensor ford blue when i painted the valve covers, i didnt put it on the truck until today because i thought it stuck out to much:

i also took the ford emblem off of the parts truck tailgate and put it on mine:

i decided to give the snorkel more air so today i added a vent. this vent is used for campers Danco
Galvanized Plumbing Vent Cap for Mobile Home
and it worked perfectly.

first i drilled a hole in the cowl with a 3 inch dewalt hole saw, then i used a 2 inch coupler, 2 pieces of 2 inch PVC pipe, and a 90 to bring the snorkel piping up through the cowl.

here is the vent before bolting it down and painting it:

here is the vent painted and bolted down:

the vent is very low profile, and to extend the snorkel up to the roof i just have to take the cap off and connect a piece of PVC pipe with a rubber coupler:

after installing the vent i decided to repaint the cowl and the vent, i will get beter pics when its not so dark out:

i installed the sunroof that was on the parts truck last night, and started building an extension for my snorkel.

here is the snorkel extention, but its not finished yet.

i also have these tow hooks from a s10 blazer that im going to make a bracket for sometime.

How deep do you plan on going? and are you going to paint the snorkel black? and are you going to post more pictures soon?

great job, keep it coming....

Si

How deep do you plan on going? and are you going to paint the snorkel black? and are you going to post more pictures soon?

great job, keep it coming....

Si

the extention is something i built because i was bored, its going behind the seat incase i ever need it. it will be painted black and i will get pics of it when its done.

here is the speed sensor brackit i used to hold the snorkel extension:

here are pics of the snorkel extension painted:

and here are pics of the view from the drivers seat and with the hood open:

i got this roll bar from WNY964x4 from therangerstation.com today, its not bolted down and is sitting on top of the bedliner.

the roll bar seems really tall to me. i might shorten the posts sometime, but for now its getting bolted on as is.

i cut 4 inches off the 4 posts and it looks alot beter, i took the bedliner out and set it in:

the sides touch the bed so i will just keep a inch on the bases when i weld it back together.

Wow, very nice job! I am looking to make my truck a 4x4 sleeper, good on the open road, but with modular changes to make it a capable wheeler. I really like the way you made that snorkel vent. Good job!

are you going to put lights on the top of that rollbar? That would look really sweet you know!!! great work keep it up! Post more photos soon! :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

are you going to put lights on the top of that rollbar? That would look really sweet you know!!! great work keep it up! Post more photos soon! :)

thanks, the roll bar has mounts for 2 lights so i will probobly put 2 on it.

tomorow im going to start installing the roll bar so i will get pics.

for now im going to cut the bases down to 1 inch and then put a piece of 3 inch pipe in between and botl them together. this way i can mount the bases to the bed and put the bedliner back in, then bolt the roll bar to the bases. when i get a beter box im not going to use the bedliner, when that time comes i will weld it together.

Back