Remote start dosent heat up truck

Lockdown_70

Reaction score
City, State
Wantagh, (LI) NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 eddie bauer
Does anyone else have this problem?
I use my remote start, having left the heat on and turned up the night before and it barely warms up the inside. However, when I get in, put the key in and drop it into drive there is a sound like water flowing and the cabin heats up right away. Someone told me this is based on how ford designed the heating/cooling system but I never heard of it.
Any ideas/advice?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when you leave the heat on and start the engine you are not giving the truck any chance to warm up, the best way would be to lave the heat off or on like 1 so the engine can warm up. Than when you get in blast it. You might hear coolant running into the heater core but not sure. You get heat from the coolant, if the coolant isnt warm you get no heat

the coolant doesnt seem to flow while in remote start mode. Only when the key is in and truck in gear does it give the flowing noise. My old explorer (98 eddie bauer) never had this issue. if you left the truck running for 10 min, the inside got warm. The 2005 EB I have now does not.

Hmm thats wierd when you get in after ten minutes where is the temperature gauge sitting and do you eventually get heat when you start driving.

Automatic Climate control or manual?

It slowly warms up but doesnt get kicking till I start moving after 10 min the temp gauge is almost halfway up.

Its the automatic climate controls.

Well, there is probably a power circuit that the auto start is not powering for the Auto Temp control to work, Then when you enter the truck and turn the key on it powers up and opens the water control valve.

Are the climate control illuminated when you first get in?

EDIT: There is a Dark Green/Light Green wire in your ignition harness fo rthe accessory/heather blower wire. Do you have this hooked up?

Back