Remote Start System for 2012 Base

Mr_Wiggles

Reaction score
City, State
Dubai
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012
Hi Everyone,

Just had a bit of a look on the Ford website and came across the possibility to add this feature on to my Explorer.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me if a) if it is possible and b) if the below is all that is needed for this to work?

1. Remote Start System - Hood Switch Kit Wiring Harness [Part No: DG1Z-14B504-A]
  2. Remote Start System - Hood Switch Kit [Part No: BT4Z-19G366-A]
  3. Remote Start System - 100 Series Plug-N-Play [Part No: BB5Z-19G364-A]

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=380004

The most recent 2 weeks in the thread should clue you into the latest kits available and pricing differences are explained.
& up at the top of this section is a sticky' post-one that is always at the top of the main post menu,
its the installation guide.

Hi Everyone,

Just had a bit of a look on the Ford website and came across the possibility to add this feature on to my Explorer.

Can someone be kind enough to tell me if a) if it is possible and b) if the below is all that is needed for this to work?

1. Remote Start System - Hood Switch Kit Wiring Harness [Part No: DG1Z-14B504-A]
  2. Remote Start System - Hood Switch Kit [Part No: BT4Z-19G366-A]
  3. Remote Start System - 100 Series Plug-N-Play [Part No: BB5Z-19G364-A]

Thanks in advance

Check this thread out. Very helpful to me!

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347317

hi guys,

Sorry for the delay in replying...

I finally managed to get a quotation back from the dealers here in Dubai, and they have quoted about $750 (parts and labor) for the remote start package to be installed in my Base 2013 Model...

is it me or does this seem a bit expensive!?

hi guys,

I finally managed to get a quotation back from the dealers here in Dubai, and they have quoted about $750 (parts and labor) for the remote start package to be installed in my Base 2013 Model...

Not familiar with Ford remote start, but that is really high.

Perhaps aftermarket?

hi guys,

For the base model without factory remote start and perimeter alarm your getting the alarm system and the 100 series remote start based on your parts list. The cost quoted is a less than what the parts and labor is in the USA. Your only option is aftermarket in Dubai if you want to pay less since the remote start from Ford is part of the alarm system and I don't know what options you have in Dubai.

Back