• Register Today It's free!

Remote starter and PATS.

hbermu

Reaction score
City, State
El Mirage, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Ford Explorer Spor Tra
Hello guys!!! I reinstalled a CodeAlarm 501 CA remote starter on my 02 Sport Trac. When I try to remote start it, it blinks and clicks 3X. But not start. I can still start it the normal way (with the key in the ignition switch). Should I bypass the PATS ?, If so, how to do that ?...The remote used to work fine before,,,,but changed the vehicle´s battery, and now it won´t start with the remote. Would love to have it working again, specially in this summer, the have the a/c running prior to getting into a hot interior. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate!! Thank guys!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The PATS usually gets bypassed by having an uncut but programmed key, and simulates having the key. You need a transponder chip, I don’t believe it can be bypassed without a tune.

Hello guys!!! I reinstalled a CodeAlarm 501 CA remote starter on my 02 Sport Trac. When I try to remote start it, it blinks and clicks 3X. But not start. I can still start it the normal way (with the key in the ignition switch). Should I bypass the PATS ?, If so, how to do that ?...The remote used to work fine before,,,,but changed the vehicle´s battery, and now it won´t start with the remote. Would love to have it working again, specially in this summer, the have the a/c running prior to getting into a hot interior. Any ideas would be greatly appreciate!! Thank guys!
Thanks for your response Mbrooks420! Good idea!...will try to get one uncut key,,,,Thanks!

BANVIE Car Immobilizer Transponder Bypass Module for Chip Key (a Spare chip Key is Required ! only for chip Key, not fit for Other Immobilizer Way) Dead Link Removed

BANVIE Car Immobilizer Transponder Bypass Module for Chip Key (a Spare chip Key is Required ! only for chip Key, not fit for Other Immobilizer Way) Dead Link Removed
Great idea!!!Thank you !! Will look into it !!!

Great idea!!!Thank you !! Will look into it !!!
I’ve got something very similar in my parts Mountaineer. Have years of trouble free service. You can also remove the transponder chip itself and affix it inside the steering column. The immobilizer bypass box only sends the signal to the ignition while the remote start is active so you still retain the passive theft deterrent.

Back