• Register Today It's free!

Remove Header Panel Grill Opening

boywonder

Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
I'm trying to replace the front body parts and left fender of my 1997 Ford Explorer. I've already pulled the bumper, grill, and lights off. Now I'm trying to replace the HEADER PANEL GRILL OPENING which is giving me a hard time. There's a bolt and long screw on the inside above the tire, that I would need a long socket and I don't know what size to get. Could someone tell me the size and length of socket I need for this bolt.

I'm trying to replace the front body parts and left fender of my 1997 Ford Explorer. I've already pulled the bumper, grill, and lights off. Now I'm trying to replace the HEADER PANEL GRILL OPENING which is giving me a hard time. There's a bolt and long screw on the inside above the tire, that I would need a long socket and I don't know what size to get. Could someone tell me the size and length of socket I need for this bolt.

I did this a few months ago, but with my memory that is forever!:mad: Is the "header panel grill opening" the fiberglass piece that goes across the front that the headlights and grill mount to?? If so, I believe that the at least one of the bolts that hold it to the fender come from the fender side; you will have to take off the inner fender liner to access them. There are more bolts along the top of the fender inside the engine compartment, and one or two that you open the driver's door and access thru the opening from the back. Best of my recollection, all the bolts were either 10mm or 12mm; don't need deep sockets as much as long extensions. Good luck.

Back