Removing 3rd Row Seats & Installing Cross Brace | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing 3rd Row Seats & Installing Cross Brace

Post number 10 has been selected as best answered.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Lots of good info in this old thread!

Does anyone know if the 2nd row bucket seats are identical and interchangeable from side to side? Or is one only capable of being installed on the passenger side and one (different model) for the driver side?

Lots of good info in this old thread!

Does anyone know if the 2nd row bucket seats are identical and interchangeable from side to side? Or is one only capable of being installed on the passenger side and one (different model) for the driver side?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I don't know for sure but the parts site shows different part numbers for the right and left buckets. If you have the inflatable seat belts then that is also a consideration that may affect the possible interchangeability of the seats.
https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...-v6-gas-engine/body-cat/second-row-seats-scat

Peter

If you want to see the pictures of the end result of my taking out the third row and building a deck with cargo access, here is a link to my Picasa album with my Explorer. The last two pictures shows off the new cargo area.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114662663342528687634/albums/5947627171061464193?banner=pwa
Mike, I know it's an old entry, but is there any way I can get your photos on your cargo access conversion? The link you provided is no longer valid. I'm just starting to do one on my 2016 XLT. Thanks, jacaro

Mike, I know it's an old entry, but is there any way I can get your photos on your cargo access conversion? The link you provided is no longer valid. I'm just starting to do one on my 2016 XLT. Thanks, jacaro
Welcome to the Forum Jacaro.:wave:
Please complete your registration by adding the 'Required' "Trim Level" (XLT) to your profile so it appears in the margin. That can be useful info to have at times. Thank you

Peter

Does anyone have the procedure for 3rd row seat removal 2018 Sport with pictures please? Seems as if all the picture links I find no longer work.

Would like to see the pictures also please.

Does anyone have the procedure for 3rd row seat removal 2018 Sport with pictures please? Seems as if all the picture links I find no longer work.

Here is what I found on the tech side

-Benny

Attachments

• 2018 Explorer seats.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 120

Here is what I found on the tech side

-Benny
Thank you Benny. I have been emailing your company to buy the Cross Brace. Trying to determine if I can ship it overseas. Would it be possible to get a measurement with some sort of diagram please?

Your welcome. The dims we have are 48x24x8 inches Approx 6 lbs. Yes we ship internationally and this can certainly ship overseas.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Your welcome. The dims we have are 48x24x8 inches Approx 6 lbs. Yes we ship internationally and this can certainly ship overseas.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Benny, received a different answer from your sales department - The approximate dimensions are 18 lbs- 51 x 21 x 3 in. Thanks, Mike

So, I am totally confused.

Thanks

Thanks! I'm thinking about doing this in my 2016.

Mike is more accurate here as this is what ford shows here https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/b...neral/member-assy-floor-cross-6467247-1?pdp=y

The dims I gathered are from our dimensional data in our catalog. Both of them though can differ as the product needs to be packaged and will not ship bare.

- Benny
Finally Got to this on my 2018 Sport today. Thanks to Benny for all the help getting the brace. Sorry I did not take pictures. Just remember there is a large pile of wires to remove with the electric folding seats.

Finally Got to this on my 2018 Sport today. Thanks to Benny for all the help getting the brace. Sorry I did not take pictures. Just remember there is a large pile of wires to remove with the electric folding seats.
I'm guessing that when you referenced Benny, you shopped at Levittown Ford? If so, that was a good move on your part as the items on the Ford Parts site are much more expensive.

Peter

Or is it structural to the vehicle?

Or is it structural to the vehicle?
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Yes and yes. I have merged your thread with this existing one that should provide the info that you require. Good luck.

Peter

Back