Removing The Rear-View Mirror From the Windshield... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removing The Rear-View Mirror From the Windshield...

Faster Life

Reaction score
City, State
MPLS
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' EB SOHC 4.0
A piece inside of my rear-view mirror broke: The metal clip that attaches to the windshield mount separated from the mirror. I'm pretty sure the best route to take is getting a new mirror, which I have found one at a local salvage yard.

Now the problem is removing the rear-view mirror from the junker explorer at the yard. I tried multiple times to get it loose, but I couldn't figure it out and I was worried I was going to break the mirror.

If can tell me how to remove the mirror from the windshield, (without breaking it) this would be extremely helpful for me.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

there should be a little slot in the underside, slide a very small-bladed common screwdriver in there and that should release the spring clip. Wiggle it upwards and BAM, it'll pop off in your hand.

I Have a 2013 Ford Explorer and Installing a Rear view mirror back up camera can not find the fuse box under the dash on the driver side. can any one help

Not sure on a 2013, but on earlier models it was in
the end of the dash, visible with the door open...

Back