• Register Today It's free!

Removing trim piece?

tscott_8

Reaction score
City, State
Canton, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
Looking
I need to remove the interior trim piece that goes aroound the radio and A/C controls. Is there any trick to this or will it just snap off - Hopefully in one piece! I'm just looking for somewhere to mount a small bracket for a satellite radio. I'll appreciate any input. It's for a '99.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It was last summer when I took this trim piece off so I grabbed the manual just to be sure. There are two screws under the radio at the top of the heater control section. If you take them out the whole trim piece just pulls out.

Yup
Two 7mm hex head screws, and pull evenly and gently from the bottom up.

if you cant get it on a gentle tug then use a flat head screw driver and pry it and it comes right out.

SkanlaxJMO said:
if you cant get it on a gentle tug then use a flat head screw driver and pry it and it comes right out.

Umm, I don't think so.... you'll rip those screws out and/or break the trim.

Remove the two screws above the HVAC controls as mentioned and it'll pop right off.

-Joe

also prying with screwdrivers will leave dimples.

There are soft plastic pry tools designed for removing interrior trim, but unless you do that for a living no point in buying any.

MONMIX said:
also prying with screwdrivers will leave dimples.

There are soft plastic pry tools designed for removing interrior trim, but unless you do that for a living no point in buying any.

Autozone/PepBoys/Murrays carries a line of tools made by "Help!" that are relatively inexpensive ($~8 for the pry bar). It's a valuable investment if you plan to remove door panels, plastic shrouds, etc.

-=bmacd=-

Back