Replacement blend door actuator not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement blend door actuator not working

halfbakedj14

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 explorer
I purchased a new blend door actuator for my 96 ford explorer, I plugged it in and the actuator started to move to the position I needed it in. I set the actuator in place on top if the heater core and tried cycling through the temps to make sure it worked but the actuator wouldn't move after I initially plugged it in. I took the actuator off of the heater core and it still wouldnt move. I tried installing the actuator on another ford explorer and the actuator still wouldn't move. Would anyone know why this actuator won't move anymore?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well now when I have the new actuator plugged in my ac controls don't work at all, I can't turn on the ac or heat or anything, but when I unplug the actuator the controls work.

Last year when I replaced a blend door actuator with a Doorman unit from Napa it did not work. Got one from the dealership which looked the same from what I could see but cost twice as much worked perfectly. This was with EATC. Could be very small electronic response differences not read properly by the head unit.

I'm thinking my new actuator is the problem, after some more reading it seems that most people have trouble with the doorman Blend door actuator(the same one I ordered that doesn't work). And the one from motorcraft seems to be the one that works with my car so I ordered that and we'll see if it works!

Back