Replacement Bulbs for Stock Fog Lamps/Turn Signals | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacement Bulbs for Stock Fog Lamps/Turn Signals

:exp: I'm looking for either blue or yellow bulbs for my stock fog lamps. The manual says to use type 899 bulbs, which I can't find anywhere in alternate colors. The PIAA website says to use H3 bulbs, but I'm not sure. Any info would be appreciated. Also, if anyone knows of a website where I can get either blue or blue/silver painted turn signal bulbs (3157) for a set of clear corners please post. :exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think your 98 has the square fog lights still am i correct?
if so then you can use an 893 bulb in there.

You can also try 885. 885 is rated at 55w instead of 37.5w with 893 and 899 so it has more light output and will not burn any wirings or the housing. Trust me, I had 885 for a year before switching the stock housing to an aftermarket fogs.

www.euroeffects.net also sell colored bulbs. I've purchased some green headlamp bulbs for my '03 Sport Trac from here and they're awesome. $15.99/set with free shipping.

nope

EliteConcept said:
i think your 98 has the square fog lights still am i correct?
if so then you can use an 893 bulb in there.

No, I have the round ones.

I have the square fogs that use the 899 bulb. Does anyone know of a aftermarket fog light harness for the 899 type bulbs?

There isnt one. You would have to make your own. So long as you have the plugs that go into the bulbs the rest you can get at most auto stores.
Diagram & wire size info in the FAQ

ummm....

hate to bring up an old old thread on my first post, but I went to change my stock fog light bulbs on my 98 Mounty, and I bought h3's silverstars. Every listing I found at all parts stores (and I work at autozone) and on silvania's website, and they all say either h3's or 89*'s.

So I get underneath to change them and low and behold....they're 9006 headlight bulbs. 9006 hb4.

still scratching my head on that one. but now I have more choices in what I put in there!

oh and HI ALL! :confused:

Back