Replacing front bumper valance on a 2013 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing front bumper valance on a 2013 Explorer

TxBobb

Reaction score
City, State
Liberty Hill, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2913, explorer limited
Our 2013 explorer needs a new front bumper valance. There has to be a trick on getting all those tabs into the slots.. has anyone does thins?
Thanks in advance

Well I had some insurance work done to my Sport recently and before my wreck the driver side was having issues staying locked into the tabs. I get my Explorer fixed and the valance is still the original and now I don’t have any issues with it remaining locked into the tabs.

Not sure what the body shop did when they repainted my bumper but I’m wondering g if you remove it completely and reseat everything if that could help align it more to stay locked into place.

Well I had some insurance work done to my Sport recently and before my wreck the driver side was having issues staying locked into the tabs. I get my Explorer fixed and the valance is still the original and now I don’t have any issues with it remaining locked into the tabs.

Not sure what the body shop did when they repainted my bumper but I’m wondering g if you remove it completely and reseat everything if that could help align it more to stay locked into place.
When installing the valance. I was wondering if there is any advantage to starting in the middle and working left and right or starting on the right or left and working across the front.

When installing the valance. I was wondering if there is any advantage to starting in the middle and working left and right or starting on the right or left and working across the front.
Can't say for sure since I wasn't the one who did the work. I just know my driver side was the problematic side no matter how many times I tried refitting it.

I suppose you could start in the middle and work your way outward and see if it holds. If not try approaching it from one side only.

Back