Replacing front seats | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Replacing front seats

Did you check the fuse location in the fuse panel?

Peter
So I ran into a bit of confusion there too. In the PIU manual it says slot 42 for the passenger seat but it says Sedan only. On my utility I have an empty slot 42 and don't see anywhere listed for a passenger seat fuse.

Is it 42 like the sedan and it just doesn't have a fuse? If you know which fuse to check that'd be great. I've read through the manual a couple times and just can't find the location.

Kevin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Kevin. I found this one.

1653834890014.png

Appreciate that. My issue is with passenger seat power though. Driver Seat works perfect.
Sorry about that Kevin. Why not just try popping in a fuse in slot 42 and see what happens?

Peter

Sorry about that Kevin. Why not just try popping in a fuse in slot 42 and see what happens?

Peter
thought about that, didn't wanna fry anything. is that a safe option?

thought about that, didn't wanna fry anything. is that a safe option?
I'm not sure if it's safe, but seeing as how there is nothing in that slot, it may not even be wired up. I don't suppose you can tell without removing the block?

Peter

I'm not sure if it's safe, but seeing as how there is nothing in that slot, it may not even be wired up. I don't suppose you can tell without removing the block?

Peter
definitely not wired up. Only one blade in the fuse box at location 42. So I'm back to trying to figure out which wires in the connector that came with my leather seat are hot and ground wires. I've located good power from the console adapters just don't know which wires in the connector to use for the power. It's either the yellow/red, or the grey/blue in the middle row, those are the ones that do not exist on the current wiring harness in the passenger seat.

image1.jpeg

Check the Signature on this post and see if that wiring diagram is of any help. Took me a while to find it.

Peter

Check the Signature on this post and see if that wiring diagram is of any help. Took me a while to find it.

Peter
Will do. Update. Black/yellow stripe on drivers side has power. Black/yellow stripe same position in connector on passenger side has no power. 10G wire, most likely intended for power. I'm guessing the other two wires on the connector that came with my leather seat are for heat.

So after all this, many days of research you all's help. My wife says to me "I like the two tone cloth seats can we keep them?". So with that. Moving on to another project in the car.

So after all this, many days of research you all's help. My wife says to me "I like the two tone cloth seats can we keep them?". So with that. Moving on to another project in the car.
Thanks for the update Kevin.

Peter

Back