Return from Rausch Creek | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from Rausch Creek

I didnt notice a difference when on the highway on my way home Saturday other than a smoother ride. It was actually more tipsy turning into the parts store to pick up engine cleaner than any of the bends on 81. I can't believe you made it that long on the stock endlinks. I'm on my third set. Factory set broke shortly after doing the TT, second set I ate through the bushings because of the angle the swaybar sat at with the TT, and now my third set from autozone carry a lifetime warranty, plus pretty Ford Blue bushings. With the TT, we really should have longer endlinks so as not to kill the bushings. I tried to make a set out of 7/16" all thread and a brass sleeve. That worked for a little while until the brass sleeve started to deform. I had trouble finding a steel tube with the right inside diameter. I hope me trying to loosen the endlink isn't what caused them to pop. I remember telling you that if I go any further I would probably snap one. So remember... Autozone... Lifetime warranty...$15 a side...

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

when my old man saw the one sway bar link gone i just told him it broke...

Good lookin out, Dan. I'll end up there soon.

Why not just buy an aftermarket generic set of endlinks from Autozone? That's what I use for my custom made front sway and *knock on wood*, I've never had any issues with them. Plus they're only about $25 or so.

I was looking into it and all the aftermarket endlinks are way too short and are 3/8" in diameter, not 7/16". I even tried having a parts person look up different links for different fullsize trucks and they are all shorter than the stock explorers endlinks.

Dan

looks like you guys had a blast..

turned out my wheel bearing ate itself up again so I was out for ther weekend, I had to wait till monday to get the local parts shop to get me one
suckd

for Sway bar links check out stock Wrangler sway links,
I know the rear one are dam long, and the front ones are decently long too

Next run I will be there.. I swear

Sorry I cant make it this weekend -- I need some R&R from the west-coast and my Explorer is still down.

nice 2 day notice there linds :p:

Sorry I cant make it this weekend -- I need some R&R from the west-coast and my Explorer is still down.

Man, you were all Rah-rah to get to fixed in the middle of RC Saturday night camping out, but now here we are a month later and it's still not done? :p:

Ahah I know right. I've been occupied though -- picked up the D60, been building the axle stand for the D60, then went to the west coast for Truck Haven.. oh and school too. Basically I'm just making up excuses :p:

I'd give you more flack if your truck couldn't out perform mine on 3 wheels. Hell, even on two. :D

nice 2 day notice there linds :p:

I've been busy fixing morgan/moving/working/harassing people, so sue me :D Anybody who's free this weekend should definitely come up, it's going to be a GOOOOOD time :)

Nice nature pics now where are the wheeling pics at????:D

and only 3 trucks????:eek:

Nice nature pics now where are the wheeling pics at????:D

and only 3 trucks????:eek:

We really didn't wheel since we were up at Skunk's place. We mostly just did some scenic viewing and drinking and of course harassment of our resident gill equipped forum member.

Where the hell did you guys go, that doesnt even look like hazeltown area.

Who all was in attendance?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where the hell did you guys go, that doesnt even look like hazeltown area.

Who all was in attendance?

We stayed around Freeland area, some local stuff.. It was five, myself, Spas, Skunk, Jay.. BOD & his GF joined us for a short period on Saturday night..

Back