Return from the Mojave Trail March '08 | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Return from the Mojave Trail March '08

I am 90% in 4th-5th........ trying to de-conflict with a family gathering now, but I think we (my family) just changed our weekend. Man this would work out so sweet if it happens. My only weekend left this year to wheel!!!!!! I am soo there!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice, i'm trying to gather a few more, hopefully carlover is still in.

BTW, tbars kinda answered this already but i want to make sure...this would not be a good trip for a first-time-2wd-stock-sport-trac-offroader, correct?

I got a rope! of course I will only go to Barstow or Lauglin which ever is the end point! BTW? Which is the Starting end?

I've been told the typical route is starting in Laughlin and ending in Barstow.

hmmm darn i did'nt know there was a run being planned in here. thought you guys were get nostalgic or something in here.

now let see if the boss will let me have the rest of my check this week then i can think about this........

T-Bars, are you going? Or no?

I'm also interested, but I'd be going for a scenic/touring/camping trip, not racing. I'd far prefer a 3+ day, leisurly run if that's possible.

...:scratch:...Hmmm, I would love to but I really don't think I can do it on the 4,5th..

...I have just spent my fortune on parts for both the X and the Ranger, ins, smog, reg., and will def be broke by then..:(

...I am keeping an eye on this thread though (and the weather) and if I can get the X back up I will be happy to join in...Wrenching starts tomorrow and the next day...:hammer:

I might be interested in this.... Round trip what would the timeline be like.. I have by spring break that week as well

I'm also interested, but I'd be going for a scenic/touring/camping trip, not racing. I'd far prefer a 3+ day, leisurly run if that's possible.

I don't want to discourage you from coming, the more the merrier. But i can't promise it won't be fast paced, especially with some people from dezert rangers if they decide to come. I don't know about others but i would be able to do 3rd, 4th, 5th to prolong the trip, since i'll be off of school that week. Maybe a more scenic trip could be put off till the fall so tbars and brian1 could join in.

I might be interested in this.... Round trip what would the timeline be like.. I have by spring break that week as well

I'm guessing early saturday morning we'd meet at the laughlin end and begin the trail, then camp somewhere that night, and finish up sunday night in barstow. :dunno:

im game for it too and would rather it be a slower/steady scenic trip. I can haul ass anytime i want in the desert, but this is more to see the sights and have a good time.

Im not sure i can do the 4th due to the race that weekend. I need to see who's doing what...

Who would be able to do a 3 day trip then? Or even longer? If the consensus is a longer trip then that's cool with me too.

I can't do monday the 6th, that's my first day back to school.

same deal with me school the 6th.....

I can do the weekend. Not sure of Monday yet. But if it's too slow or if I can not stay I can always duck out along the trail.

Back