Reaction score
City, State
Overland Park, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 Explorer 2DR 4WD XL
First off here's the links...
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

Let's see... There was suppose to be a hand full of Rangers and BII's going, but they were all a no show for Sunday when I went. My g/f and I showed up around 10:30am and then just kind of poked around for a bit. It was her first time four wheeling. And she's hooked now! :D
We spend about an hour or so there and were about ready to leave when Campo showed up. We then did some more trails and had a blast doing with him and his wife. And of course when were were ready to leave again some knuckle head gets his K5 blazer stuck on his frame of a big mud pit. His tires didn't even touch the bottom. I tried to pull him out and then Campo with no luck. Even with jerking the rope it wouldn't even budge. We then tried a 2 ton chain come-a-long also with no luck. And as I write this that K5 is probably still sitting there while it dries. :) Lucky for him it was a trailered rig so he still had a ride back to home.
The only carnage was I bent my front tow hooks out a little bit tring to pull him out. Not bad for about 5 hours worth of wheeling.
Next time I hope we can get more Explorers to go. There's plenty of places to break things! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sorry we missed you!!! :( We were there on Friday and Saturday but do to some people breaking and others having a long drive home (8 hours) we left on Sunday morning. I live closer than most of them (I am 2 hours away) so I might be able to meet with and do some wheeling there. Sorry again that we missed you and I am glad you liked the park.

PS I have seen a F250 with 40’s on try and go though that same hole that the blazer did and he only got a little farther than the blazer!!! Took 2 trucks and about 15 min to get him out!!! There should be pictures of the ride at Here and Here and we hope to get video of it up soon!!

Damn, I gotta get my U-joints fixed so I can go next time!

Crap I`m sorry I missed you guys! I left sunday morning too.:mad: I only live like,40 mins. away so whenever you`re ready for more lemme know! Again,sorry I missed ya!

When you were down at the bottom near the lake (playing in the mud) if you follow off to the left and go around bend there is some beach and some of the hill climbs. Next time we meet up I will show you. :D :D

Hopefully another run won't be too far off. I really want to check out those beach front trails before the water gets too high and also my g/f wants to drive some junior type trials now. :D Boy did I get her hooked!

Sweet. I will check with the guys around here and see what they have planned.

sure was looking forward to wheeling with you ranger/bronco guy's.. but from reading the tread's on your board's sound's like you guy's found the trail's I was avoiding..lol
anyway It was alot of fun, the wife said she wasn't going again, and that I have to take the boy with me next time..

That guy in the blazer... he had gotten stuck about an hour earlier in a different part of the park... I gave him a ride back to the parking lot and he was saying how he couldn't wait to get it unstuck so he could try it again..:eek: .. and boy was his wife pissed.. that was the first thing they've done together in 7yrs..... No wonder she didn't like it .... they spent most of the day trying to unstuck there blazer....

Well next time we go out you can ride most of the trails we do and then watch the "show" when we climb the ledges!!!:eek: :eek: :)

:D I`m up for another run in a few weeks!

Back