rev limiter question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rev limiter question

MetalMan390

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 sport trac
at what rpm should the rev limiter kick in on a 01 sport trac? in park i can only get 3k rpm, just seems like it should be more

The rev limiter is 3k for a stock Sport Trac. My question is why do you want to rev the engine past 3k in park? Secondly the rev limiter can be removed by using an XCAL2 tuner.

at what rpm should the rev limiter kick in on a 01 sport trac? in park i can only get 3k rpm, just seems like it should be more
umm, you really shouldn't keep "bouncing" the motor off the limiter, especially in park, with no load.

The rev limiter is 3k for a stock Sport Trac. My question is why do you want to rev the engine past 3k in park? Secondly the rev limiter can be removed by using an XCAL2 tuner.

Just to clarify what the last response said, the rev limiter may very well be 3k, IN PARK. The computer sets different rev limits for Park/Neutral and and of the Drive gears. The Drive rev limit is somewhere around 6k, give or take a few hundred. Also, an Xcal doesn't "remove" the rev limit, per se. It allows you to change them, if your tuner leaves that option enabled.

Back