• Register Today It's free!

Reverse warning chime?

Bohunk

Reaction score
City, State
Glen Ellyn, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Platinum
:eek: OK, took the Ex in to retrieve my Active & Fixed reverse indicators and when the dealer performed Sync update, I now have a warning chime, similar to the ignition chime, whenever I'm in reverse. I'm told this is now standard on all new Explorers. Question is, do you owners of 2012 and 2013 have reverse chime. It is really annoying, especially with the traffic alert and when towing (I know, deactivate that reverse warning when towing), but 3 sounds at once? OUCH!

:eek: OK, took the Ex in to retrieve my Active & Fixed reverse indicators and when the dealer performed Sync update, I now have a warning chime, similar to the ignition chime, whenever I'm in reverse. I'm told this is now standard on all new Explorers. Question is, do you owners of 2012 and 2013 have reverse chime. It is really annoying, especially with the traffic alert and when towing (I know, deactivate that reverse warning when towing), but 3 sounds at once? OUCH!
Do you have push button start?
I'm not sure what 'ignition chime' you mean. Is it the one that sounds about 6 times then stops when you start up? If so, that is the seat belt minder alarm. You will not hear it if you buckle up before starting the Ex.
I assume the dealer upgraded it to V2.11. If that is the case, this is the first post that I have read that mentions this 'reverse chime'. I can understand that it would be rather annoying and I'm not sure what purpose it would serve.

Peter

Do you have push button start?
I'm not sure what 'ignition chime' you mean. Is it the one that sounds about 6 times then stops when you start up? If so, that is the seat belt minder alarm. You will not hear it if you buckle up before starting the Ex.
I assume the dealer upgraded it to V2.11. If that is the case, this is the first post that I have read that mentions this 'reverse chime'. I can understand that it would be rather annoying and I'm not sure what purpose it would serve.

Peter

I don't have a "reverse chime", but the cross traffic alert from the bliss system never worked until they updated MFT to 2.11. So now when I put it in reverse if there are any cars coming from either direction within about 50 feet, it will yell at me.

Back