• Register Today It's free!

Ride Height?

NTOLERANCE

Reaction score
City, State
Madison, Wi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 2dr
Anyone know what the ride height is on a 91 Explorer 2dr 2wd and where to measure it?

I havent had any really good offers on my truck that went into the ditch, so I am going to try and fix it. I cannot see anything bent but the drivers side spring looks all distorted. The L/F wheel has some extreme negative caster, ( my guess is its in excess of 6 degrees)a nd while its hard to tell sometimes, the truck seems to be sitting quite a bit lower on the drivers side. I am thinking that the impact with the ditch has tweaked the spring.

I have looked at the upper ball joint eccentric, and its just about all the way out (positive caster) so its not of any help. Is there any particular component that is a weak link on the suspension that could be bent causing extreme negative caster? The only thing I can think of would be the I beam and the spindle and neither looks to have any signs of being bent (stressed paint or other such indicators.)

Any help for the explorer challenged? Its getting very expensive driving my 5.8 powered conversion van around all the time. :thumbdwn: :confused: I had originally hoped to find a ranger with a dead 4.0 to use this engine in but my funds are really limited right now. ( I really need a pick up) Anyone have some stock front springs??? (yes I am that broke)

Thanks, Doc.

PS Mods, if this thread is in the wrong place, please move it. (sorry)

You could measure it from the front or rear bumper, or from the top of the front or rear fender.
BTW, if you look in my sig where it says my 4 sale thread, I have a set of stock explorer springs for really cheap. Don't know how bad the shipping would be though. :)

Back