• Register Today It's free!

Right exhaust for me?

FSM EXPLORER

Reaction score
City, State
Bucks, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Sport
i was planning to buy the Dynomax exhaust kit from jegs and i was wondering how much more power to expect and what will it sound like?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

15hp is being very optimistic. But at least he got the sound right. :D

My exhaust sounds like that....all i have is a rust hole the size of my foot in the muffler! :D You'll probably notice a bit of a difference, if you add an intake (build your own or buy one) you'll deffinitly notice a difference. Anyway good luck!

CP :)

Yea, not quite 15 horsepower but it will open it up for sure and work well in coordination with a KKM customz or some sort of open element intake. The vroom vroooooomm is defenitely the right sound, mine makes it now too since I had to cut the muffler off due to being damaged and smashed. I now run the racing set up of NoMaster 94 series exhaust.

the dynomax is good, youll get more power, but not 15 hp, maybe that at the flywheel... you will definately notice the difference though

The Dyno-Max System is pretty tame sound wise. If you are looking for a cat-back system that adds performance, but is not too loud then this is the on. We carry these on our web site at Explorer Express.

40 or 50 series

What has a more of a V8 rumble to it the 40 or the 50 series..........i want to stay away from the ricey sound as much as possible.

thanks

Fortunately the 4.0 has enough displacement that it doesnt sound ricey no matter what exhaust you use. Do some searches and you will find worlds of info on the 40 and 50 series

super 40 series

I think im gonna go with the super 40 series.........ive heard nothin but good things about it

Does anyone know if the super 40 series comes in dual outlet??

No it does not. 40 orignal, 40 Delta, 50 Delta, and 50 SUV do though.

Back