• Register Today It's free!

right rear speaker

jz098

Reaction score
City, State
Eastside, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer Sport 4wd
ok heres the problem just today i blew my right rear speaker in my truck. it is a 5x7/6x8 infinity kappa speaker with a crossover. i am using a kenwood hu and i have the 4 of these same speakers in the car. they are all being pwoered by a 4 chanlled amp that is rated at about 60 rms for each speaker. now infintys are good speakers which people have powered then with great deal of power...which is why i thought it was weird that it blew so quickly..i have it for liike 6 months only. now at first i thought i had my bass boost to high cause it goes up to 12db but i only had it set at bewtween 2-3...and everything sounded good.

then i realized it was my right rear spekaer...a few months ago i blew the factory speaker out there too, and it seemed a little strange so i ddi a search a found out that a couple people had this problem...so i figured it was soemthign with most explorers, but that cant be cause im not using any of the stock stereo parts...and people whove had different hu have had the same problem.

so can anywhere help me on what might be wrong?? is there soemthign i am missing?? any help would be really apreciated.
thanks, sorry this was so long.

Wow, to behonest, when i replaced my door speakers, i did so because the right rear blew, and that was the only one that blew. I would be interested to see the commenting on this.

are you sure its blown,
not to undermind you or anything

but smell the cone are of the speaker see if it smells burnt i guess lots of people say if its blown you can smell the burnt up voice coils
or try it on a home stero set up.

if its not blown
if it has a on speaker cross over, like connect to the back of the speaker.
my audiobahn 5x 7s are like that and i found that for some werid reason the cross over *an inductor and capicator i blieve* on the back of the speaker can sometimes do weird things.

if this is your problem. plastic screws sloved it.

just a crazy problem i ran into
good luck

Since were talking about the right rear speaker... i have a quesiton for anyone... I took out all my stereo equipment... sold it for a car... anyways... when I had it all in, everything was fine. now that it's stock, the right rear doesn't play at all. i tried another speaker, nothing, checked wiring behind radio, nothing....

hmmmm........... what could it be ? ?

Back