• Register Today It's free!

Rocker Panel Moulding Removal???

Tonio1661

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Explorer XLT V8 4WD
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum but have used this website frequently. I have come across a removal process that I have not seen anyone write about.

My 08 Explorer has the rocker panel moulding covering the frame and I want to remove it so I can install aftermarket running boards. My question is, once the long panel moulding is removed. How do I remove the plastic prongs/screws that once we're attached to the rocker panel and held in place by the nuts? The 6 prongs/screws just protrude down now that the moulding is removed. The the holes they are in need to be used by the aftermarket running boards.

It feels like a plastic clip is holding them in place but the space is to small for my pry tool.

Any help is appreciated. My last result is me drilling them out as they are plastic but would like to be able to reuse them in the future.

Thanks again!

Can anyone guide me in the right direction?

Can you post a picture ?
I think very few Explorer have the rocker panel, most have running boards that's why you are not getting any responses.

This is a similar picture of my friends explorer. His screws are not plastic but mine hang the same way.

0718190913.jpg

Back