Roll Pan | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roll Pan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am still in for the roll pan no problem with cuting or the spare tire. Yust let me know when they are done and the cost + shipping to Puerto Rico zip code 00723

You know I'm still in w/ plate. Where's my sawzall...

Wait, this sounds like it may actually happen, man I feel like a kid a X-mas waiting to open gifts, this is going to kill me

What do you think about this pan?
attachment.php

Any other ideas or suggestions? completely smmoth or with a small lip like this one or with the middle a little lower than the sides?

Also, I have a pic of my molding behind the rear wheel- can someone post it to compare (mine is limited)? Looks pretty close to all the other ones I've seen.

Also, does anyone have a receiver hitch? or can someone post some pics? Where exactly does it mount?

The molding from the limited is much different. If I decide to get this pan, I will most likely get limited molding.

Attachments

• x0000021.jpg
    x0000021.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 908

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 857

Big Poppa

I really like the molded in line on the white limited's rollpan. I do however think it would look better if the pan came down a little more in the center... if you look at the marker plate it seems to just be hanging off the bottom and looks kind of funny.

If this goes through and i get one I myself am going to build a custom 2" hitch and use a flip down plate bracket from a caddy or something.... or maybe an aftermarket flip ip one from bell tech or whoever makes one like that....

If anyone has pics of ones they like or photoshop something send them to me at jaredwb81@aol.com and post them here.
Thanks

something like this

Dead Link Removed

ya, I really like the limited's pan
Except maybe angle down to the bottom corners of the plate from the ends of the bumper.

I don't really like the way the box is so pronounced on that one- more smooth like the limited's.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 921

I don't want to read all of the posts on this matter because I'm lazy. Anyway are these pans still available? If so how much do they cost? I have no problem with cutting and drilling, after all I have already c-notched my Explorer. Thanks for any info, Jim.

any updates big poppa? wasnt this the weekend?

No, the plan is to drop my truck off next Saturday morning. And he said he will have mine done enough to pull it off by the end of the weekend and then do the finish work and make the mold soon after.

I am still looking for any input as to design or whatever. As of now I am planning on basically what is in the last pic above or if he can make it tall enough for the plate then just 1 height all the way across. I like the lip above the plate also.

Jim- price will be around $250 and the first few should be available late next week if all goes well.

If anyone is no longer intersted please let me know. Or reaffirm you are interested for those I haven't heard from lately.
Thanks

The design on the white explorer above is great. I also love the lip above the plate.....

Im still In and Have the cash waiting.....

let us know hoe everything goes!!!

Pur Pony - With a plate!!!!

thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I may have to put this on the back burner. Going to look at a snowmobile tonight and I think I'm gonna buy it.

Back