Roof Rack yes? no? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rack yes? no?

Ok i took my roof rack off after i took my door molding's off..it just cleaned it up alot..and sense im lifted alittle it made up for it..i put them back on today just to see if it made it look taller..does it?

so what im asking On my truck should i take the roof rack back off or leave it(if i leave it im gonna paint it high gloss black)

with the roof rack
2004-03-17_005.jpg

2004-03-17_011.jpg

without
2004-02-17_013.jpg

2004-02-17_015.jpg_idshr

yes i want to know if you like it better off or on..thank you and have a nice day:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

stop buying decals and painting stuff-- leave the rails on and get a rack, they're very useful.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Originally posted by RFR2212
stop buying decals and painting stuff-- leave the rails on and get a rack, they're very useful.

painting thing's clean's it up ALOT i will keep at it till i get it like i want:) ..if i want to put decal's on i will..these are the mod's i want to do:p if you don't like it im sorry but it's my truck.

right now i have no use for the rack..it would be for look's..nothing else;)

so on or off?

(please can we keep it to "on" or "off" and not turn this in to a free for all..just say on or off..if you don't have anything nice to say please don't say it)

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
right now i have no use for the rack..it would be for look's..nothing else;)

Just like stickers :rolleyes:

please on-topic if we can..you do mod's i don't like and i will do mod's you don't like..let's both get over it and try to stay on-topic..please

Originally posted by Ak LTD Xplorer
please on-topic if we can..you do mod's i don't like and i will do mod's you don't like..let's both get over it and try to stay on-topic..please

hehe now this is great.... the wannabe explorer is telling the elite explorer and the explorer club member how the site should be run..... ah... this is good..... how many times hase pete been banned from the site?

I like it better on.

on

On, looks too much like a van without it, like sapogmxr said.

If you are going to lift it, stay stock, or actually use it then leave them on. I doubt that you are going to be lowering it so there is no sense of me suggesting to take them off if you go lower/street.

Looks like crap with them off...leave them on.

Originally posted by jimabena74
hehe now this is great.... the wannabe explorer is telling the elite explorer and the explorer club member how the site should be run..... ah... this is good..... how many times hase pete been banned from the site?

LOL! Never Jim. I'm never mean... :eek:

Originally posted by X~FACTOR
If you are going to lift it, stay stock, or actually use it then leave them on. I doubt that you are going to be lowering it so there is no sense of me suggesting to take them off if you go lower/street.

im allredy lifted 3-4" X:D :)

thnak's guy's i will paint them high gloss black and keep them on for awhile

leave it on and paint it the same color as the truck. i paint mine white on my white truck and it look nice

Keep them. As i told you when you took them off it look's stupid.

boy, thank's dad...

anyway..i agree with you guy's..there staying for now..they make it look taller..so there staying

2004-03-18_003.jpg

2004-03-18_004.jpg

2004-03-18_006.jpg

IMO...if it came with them, they stay on...If it did not..(Like mine, on a no pinstripe,no special paint XL) it looks ok also.....Having just the roof rack BARS up there looks so lame....Sometimes having a XL has its perks:D

crank this is for you
kick.gif
..lol just messin wit you

everyone take a look how "clean" my truck look's without mirror's..lol

Even though you have seened to decide to keep them, I say 'OFF." It was one of my first mods. It makes it look lower and a bit sleeker, which is what I wanted.

Better late than never, I say ON.

Back