Roof Rack yes? no? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Roof Rack yes? no?

Ok i took my roof rack off after i took my door molding's off..it just cleaned it up alot..and sense im lifted alittle it made up for it..i put them back on today just to see if it made it look taller..does it?

so what im asking On my truck should i take the roof rack back off or leave it(if i leave it im gonna paint it high gloss black)

with the roof rack
2004-03-17_005.jpg

2004-03-17_011.jpg

without
2004-02-17_013.jpg

2004-02-17_015.jpg_idshr

yes i want to know if you like it better off or on..thank you and have a nice day:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i say unless you completely remove the rails, and fill in their holes to appear like it was never there, then leave it on....

Nother vote for on.

ow... just had an idea, get the crossbars and not the rails painted the same color as your truck, i think that would look cool....

you guys have like a 4 car garage! i want one of those!

ON!

ON! I think with them off it looks like a caravan..

should have made this a poll ;)

Originally posted by sapogmxr
ON! I think with them off it looks like a caravan..

uhh..thank's..i like the clean look without..but i like the taller look with them..man it's just too hard to decide!!:(

you can actually fit 6 in the garage..if you want

i think it looks good without them too, but you would have to take the rails off, or else i think it just looks goofy

thing is you really don't notice the rail's when it's parked leval(sp?)..i will get a pic up of it parked normal for you guy's to decide..i think it look's cleaner..but i don't know..it's sooooo hard to decide

i would still notice the rails... but im picky like that.... if you leave them on, too me, it just seems unfinished and liek the owner is lazy

yeah..i don't want to shave them..causae i will use them..so i want to keep that option open..but keep a open mind till you see the other pic's

Looks so much cleaner and smoother off. Think i'll take mine off.

its my opinion and i can have a closed mind if i want to :)

anywyas, are you going for a street look or a offorad look? im confused:confused:

i personally think that a roof basket like the one on the 94 sas for sale belonging to trkmajik would look sick on htere.... also, are you planning on bigger tires?

offroad look..as is say's in my sig 31" BFG's are on the way..i need the $$ first..lol

im kinda meshing look's with my truck..I think it's cool to mesh the look or off-road..and i wouldent call it street..i would just call it a clean,luxurey,off-road look..

please just wait till you see a few other pic's

i also was thinking of a roof basket..but i don't think it would go with my clean look

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

here's a good one to campare with the off
2004-02-17_007.jpg_idshr

Back