Rough Ride Explorer

Chew_12

Working
Reaction score
City, State
Chandler, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XLT
I dont know about other people's explorers but mine is very bumpy. And when i hit a bump the explorer seems to rock back and forth quite a bit. Will this get worse with a lift, and a body kit? Does anybody have any suggestions to make a smoother ride? I replaced my shocks about 20 k miles ago, once i replaced them it was a little better but got worse again real quick. Also I thinking about getting a lift kit, what would you guys reccomend?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you checked the ball joints/radius arm bushings ? They could be providing extra slop in the front end.....

Make sure you get good Shocks, also if you are planning on purchasing a a lift kit/system you'll get new shocks then. Youll notice a big difference with a new suspension system, as the old system gets weak and sometimes cracks/breaks, unknow to the owner, making the system very squirrly or loose.

I like the Superlift 4" Lift, but i have heard good things about the other brands also. Good Luck:)

Thanks for the info. And i did have the bushings replaced about 2 months ago. Didnt really change anything, that i noticed

Im also looking at the x-terrians at the type of tire.

Back