round fogs behind grille? done it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

round fogs behind grille? done it?

its a really popular mod for people with bigger fords over on fordtruckworld, but i don't remember ever seeing it done on an explorer or mountaineer.

I have been trying to figure out for a while what i should do with my mountaineer grille to sort of fill it up/make it look right. I really didn't want to do a billet grille and i want the stock look a little more than a mesh grille would provide. anyways, this seems like a great answer.

I'd be adding them to my pro 90 xts in my bumper (110 watt piaa fog and 130 watt piaa driving) and my HID headlights. Can't think of much else i could add to a street truck light wise- can you?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i say go for it..you would be the only one!! i think..yeah ALOT of guy's with f-150's are doin it..i have found better places to put mine..but if i run out of space..lol

yeah, i'm definitely out of space on my truck.

btw- the escape has teh same lights on it already that i want to add

Attachments

• 99explorerescapelights.jpg
    99explorerescapelights.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 532

Bill Kemp did it in his Mountaineer. Bill, if you don't mind, I'll post a pic of your truck.

2084merc_headlights.jpg

oh yeah,that's right he did..i have seen it before but forgot

hell yeah! that seals it thats exactly what i want to do. Now i just need to figure out where i'm gonna get them from.

Docvj has some in the "sale, trade ect" forum.
Some on ebay also....

yep- i called dibs on doc's i sure hope he accepts my offer...

otherwise i can get them for wholesale anyways actually, i just checked some things and that will be a great deal on them.

i got them from doc, i hope to install these sometime in the next few months and i'll post pictures when i do.

i have far too much school, work, and other projects though to expect to get it done real soon. i don't have a center console, door panels, a sanded/painted front bumper, rear seats, or a finished sub box yet and some of that probably is more important than the fogs

NOTHING is more important then fogs.
Whats wrong with you?????:) :)

Has anybody else done square lights behnd the grille?

hey, i guess my actions speak louder than my words.

i say other things are more important but as someone else pointed out i've just about exhausted the foreward facing lighting possibilities for a street truck.

fogs are the most important thing next to the driving lights and the HID lamps

I've wanted to put lights behind my limited's bumper, but I think the cross bars are too thick... hardly any light would get through.

bill... I love the way yours looks btw.

Thanks...PIAA 1500s will fit in a XLT grill. I had them in the 96 X.

Originally posted by hydroxy
I've wanted to put lights behind my limited's bumper, but I think the cross bars are too thick... hardly any light would get through.

bill... I love the way yours looks btw.

why don't you do like it did?(i will PM you with pic's if you havent seen)

I'm not sure if I like 'em down there... I'll have to test some lights out there.. maybe it's different in person.

I just looked at some photos... I think I could stick a square light perfectly between the cross sections of the grille.

the thing is when they are in the grill you see them all the time..the ones in the bumper you have to look hard to see them in the day but when there on you know they are there!!

IMO square light's in the grill would look really bad with how rounded the 2gen's are

whatever work's for you go fo it

i agree with AK...i dont like square lights in the grill. i have some round ones in my grill, they are small though.

agree with AK...i dont like square lights in the grill. i have some round ones in my grill, they are small though.

Even In a square first Gen grille and bumper? LOL

Attachments

• front-in-snow.jpg
    front-in-snow.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 390

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no..it look's goon in a first gen cause they are boxyer..but round is the way to go on a 2 gen..cause they are so rounded..know what im talkin about?

Back