Rubber Bed Mat

Paul Fithian

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Long Beach, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Job 1 RWD V8 Limited
I could not find a bed mat to fit, so I made one from a rectangular truck bed mat that I found on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00F6XA4AC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Make up a paper template, then cut with a thin razor knife dipped in a soap solution for lubrication.

Now stuff doesn't slide around in the bed.

PM me if you want the template.

Bed Mat Template.jpg

I found a used ST bed mat on CL for $40. If I hadn't I was considering making one out of a piece of stall mat, but yeah it's a necessity to stop stuff from sliding all over the place. Now I'd now like to find a bed divider panel. They seem to be super rare.

I was fortunate when I had my '78 F-100 short box and found a bed mat to fit it at K-Mart for $10, I think. It's rectangular and just fits between the wheelwells. This was 20+ years ago, but I still don't know why it was so cheap. After I got rid of the truck I used the mat in my open trailer. Still have it and have considered cutting it to fit the ST. I'd jump on a factory ST mat, and even more for a bed divider. In the meantime, I'm using a cargo liner for an Explorer in the black '01, mostly to protect the bird food my wife orders for other people from the slight water leak at the front corner of the lid. Just have to slit the corners so it fits better.

Back