Running Boards - DeeZee and Others | Page 18 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone had luck with mounting the Dee Zee running board on the 14 sport?

Thanks.

I ordered the black on black DZ running boards in August 13 and took delivery of my 14 Black Sport in September 13. I was told the fit was just fine, and it was. Install took two hours tops. I ordered thru CAR ID.com. And as mentioned, I'll try to get some pics up this weekend.

Order details:
DZ16201 Boards - http://www.carid.com/product.php?productid=4287355
DZ16221 Brackets - http://www.carid.com/product.php?productid=4287357

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't upload pictures on here (not a paid member?) so if anyone wants pictures of the black on black DZ boards on a black 14 Sport just PM me with your email address.

I can't upload pictures on here (not a paid member?) so if anyone wants pictures of the black on black DZ boards on a black 14 Sport just PM me with your email address.
Correct. You must have an Elite membership to 'Manage Attachments'. A paid membership will allow you to post directly from your computer/etc and will remove all the ads as well as support the Forum. You can also post pictures as a non-Elite member. Just go to the New Member Forum and check the 'Sticky' section;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Peter

Has anyone had luck with mounting the Dee Zee running board on the 14 sport?

Thanks.

so... i finally got around to installing them today. this is a '14 sport with the aforementioned brackets and blk/blk boards. i apologize in advance for the ****ty camera phone pics and let me know if you want any additional pics/angles.
(the manage attachment program has a limit on total size of attachements so I have added the last 2 pics to my post 259 below........Peter)

Attachments

• 11914208296_3be9965521_o.jpg
    11914208296_3be9965521_o.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,606
  • 11913778224_f6fd4302e3_o.jpg
    11913778224_f6fd4302e3_o.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,622
  • 11913606923_a46035026f_o.jpg
    11913606923_a46035026f_o.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,614
  • 11913610753_875ee6f99c_o.jpg
    11913610753_875ee6f99c_o.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 1,654
  • 11914209696_f4be0f74ef_o.jpg
    11914209696_f4be0f74ef_o.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,627

i hope the pics are resized for you, they are ginormous on my computer...

so... i finally got around to installing them today. this is a '14 sport with the aforementioned brackets and blk/blk boards. i apologize in advance for the ****ty camera phone pics and let me know if you want any additional pics/angles.
The pictures are waaay too big. Have to use the L/R scroll to see them.
Pictures should be approx. 800 X 600 at the most.

Here are your last 2 photos.

Peter

Attachments

• resized.jpg
    resized.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 9,568
  • 11913621923_66c8552976_o.jpg
    11913621923_66c8552976_o.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 5,291

so, installation was not too bad. i was impressed with the quality of the merch and everything fit together pretty well. i would recommend having a second person and a lift or jacks for the process ... pneumatics also made this go a little quicker. if you have any pointed questions, i'll do my best to answer.

The pictures are waaay too big. Have to use the L/R scroll to see them.
Pictures should be approx. 800 X 600 at the most.

Peter

sorry Peter. the other forums i visit automatically resize images and i'm a little too tired to start messing around with them.

Yup..just installed the DZ 16221 brackets onto my '14 Sport. Easy install. Opted for the black/chrome edge. Looks good with my Ruby Red explorer.

ok, I don't need to post pics as 14xsport has the same; thanks for posting.

Iconic or Westin Stylized Running Board

so, installation was not too bad. i was impressed with the quality of the merch and everything fit together pretty well. i would recommend having a second person and a lift or jacks for the process ... pneumatics also made this go a little quicker. if you have any pointed questions, i'll do my best to answer.

Seems like everyone has gravitated to the Dee Zees. I like them but wish they'd integrate strip gap cover. I was looking at Iconic CXV, EGR (still has a gap) and Westin Stylized (Carid). I like the black. Has anyone ventured off the Dee Dee Ranch?

Looks good. Thanks for the update. Is there much "give" to board when stepping up or down? Do the brackets appear beefy and strong to last 10+ years? I'm not a slim man, and plan on stepping up/down with equipment to load the roof racks., car wash, etc.

What do you guys think about this running board? I thought it had more of the OEM look than the Dee Zee (IMO - not knocking the DZ guys)

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/ionic-cxv-running-boards-ford-explorer-2011-2012.aspx

Although there is a little drilling I thought it had a little more sturdier parts (from the video) and the look didn't seem to have the space between running board and body

Thoughts? I would probably spring for this over the weekend depending on feedback here.

What do you guys think about this running board? I thought it had more of the OEM look than the Dee Zee (IMO - not knocking the DZ guys)

http://www.runningboardwarehouse.com/ionic-cxv-running-boards-ford-explorer-2011-2012.aspx

Although there is a little drilling I thought it had a little more sturdier parts (from the video) and the look didn't seem to have the space between running board and body

Thoughts? I would probably spring for this over the weekend depending on feedback here.
I think it is a very good looking product and good installation video. I doubt your would be that clean underneath though.;):thumbsup:

Peter

I just ordered it, should get there by this weekend. Lets see how it looks.

Im not liking the gap on the dee ones. I'm liking those ionic flush ones better. Look forward to seeing what you think of them.

Do they fit with the factory mud flaps is the question.

Yes absolutely, take a look at the first picture in the link. It shows lots of space for front mud flaps and in the back its not an issue.

Agree?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes absolutely, take a look at the first picture in the link. It shows lots of space for front mud flaps and in the back its not an issue.

Agree?

Looks like it to me. I'd like to keep the front flaps on myself. By the way. The Iconic and westin "stylized" appear to be virtually identical. Send us a link when you get these bolted on please:thumbsup:

These are on my short list, I like the thinner look too
Iconic - yet to see anyone post
Westin - yet to see anyone post
EGR - yet to see anyone post

http://www.carid.com/2013-ford-explorer-running-boards/westin-stylized-running-boards-16610801.html

I'm hoping someone will give them a try.

Back