• Register Today It's free!

Sagging rear end?

DVS1

Reaction score
City, State
Bolingbrook IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB
Hey guys and gals!...I've been away for awhile...(buying new toys for the X!)....anyway,this is my second X,the first was a 91 xlt, the current is a 98 EB....I have noticed that when looking from the side profile,the truck seems to sag a bit in the rear end....in my 91 I thought that this was due to about 400+ pounds of subs,amps,batterys,and dynamat in the rear(I leveled that out by the way with leaf spring lifters)....but in the current vehicle...nothing is in the rear!,and I still notice it...is this common?...any fixes other than the leaf spring solution?....thanks in advance!

D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my rear end doesnt sag.

everything is pretty level.

Yep .

Yep it's real common . Warrior shackles , or add a leaf are the common fix . both should give you about 1.5" of lift .. Hope this helps ....

hey guys thanks ....looks like its the old add a leaf again!

Mine also sagged on the drivers side. To level it I lowered the passenger side torsion bar.
Now the front isn't level but you can't tell that unless you measure. Just not noticeable.

hey which add a leafs do you recommend? for fixing sagging as well as giving you a little more load capacity. i have a 97 xlt if that makes a difference. thanks guys.

Hey BlueSteel,

On my 91 I just went to my local pep boys, and found a pair...not sure of the brand but they worked fine...

Back