• Register Today It's free!

Sagging rear end?

Jerzey

Reaction score
City, State
Collinsville, IL formally from Atlantic City area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
No im not talking about my lady. Im talking about my 00 Explorer Sport. I noticed that the rear of the truck tends to sag lower than the front. Is this just a shock issue or do i need new leaf springs? I also seen these lift shackles on ebay that raised the rear 11/2" could that help also? Just checking to see if anyone has had this problem and what was the fix.
Thanx
Jerzey

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best to replace the springs. It is a common problem. Use the search feature for lots of discussion.

Yep, best to search for this topic. Lots of threads covering this!

if it's sagging more then an inch, you could always get a lift block right? it'll sit a the right height again won't it? granted it's a cheap fix, but if money's tight...

No im not talking about my lady. Im talking about my 00 Explorer Sport. I noticed that the rear of the truck tends to sag lower than the front. Is this just a shock issue or do i need new leaf springs? I also seen these lift shackles on ebay that raised the rear 11/2" could that help also? Just checking to see if anyone has had this problem and what was the fix.
Thanx
Jerzey

You can also go to a mechanic and have the rear springs rearched. THere is a guy in my old neighborhood that just does suspension work. Springs, shocks front end work and what he will do is take the springs off and basically turn them upside down. Its hard to explain with out you seeing it.

I hope it make some kind of sense. He charges about 75 dollars a side. Not to bad.

if it's sagging more then an inch, you could always get a lift block right? it'll sit a the right height again won't it? granted it's a cheap fix, but if money's tight...

lift block will lower it more because explorers are spring under axle.

Axle is over the spring, a block would only lower the rear.

Can an AAL be done to a sport, or is it a mono-leaf?

AAL fixed mine up, $55 and 2 hours of muscle.

The sport uses a mono leaf. Just go to a junk yard an pull out some 4 door explorer leaves(or new ones), it will fix the sagging issues, they are a direct fit.

Back