• Register Today It's free!

Said good bye last weekend

Skibug

Reaction score
City, State
Pensacola, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport 4x4
Said good bye to my good ole 1996 Exporer sport last weekend. Family growing and the need to move up to a full size 4 door truck for towing needs forced me to trade it in on something else. It served me well, but was not filling my needs anymore.

On top of that, I hate the new F150's. I wanted to stay with Ford, but just couldn't do it with the F150's. I went and test drove one and they completely messed them up if you ask me. I felt like I was going to break all the plastic dash components etc... And the 4.6 V8 would not get out of it's own way. I could have went with the 5.4, but I still hated the interiors of the new trucks. It was uncomfortable as well.

So I got myself a new Toyota Tundra. So flame on. I will miss the ole Xploder, but I am loving the new truck.

I never posted much in the 3.5 years I have been here, but I got plenty of good info that saved me tons of money. I may still lurk from time to time.

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I agree, I am not at all a fan of the new fords. If I replace my X because of problems, I will be looking at another 2nd gen. Just a nicer one. I really do like the new Toyota trucks, though. Very nice, and hopefully it will serve you well!

Good luck with the Tundra. I went out two years ago and looked at trucks, and I came home with the F-150 Super Crew Lariat with the 5.4 in it. Very comfortable, solid truck, plus the Lariat package in '05 was pretty nice. Not cheesy or cheap. You're right about the 4.6 version, not enough oomph, but the 5.4 does quite nicely.

The Tundra is so ugly I can't stand it. I love the interior of the new F-150. I never see me in anything but a Ford truck.

I agree, I am not at all a fan of the new fords. If I replace my X because of problems, I will be looking at another 2nd gen. Just a nicer one. I really do like the new Toyota trucks, though. Very nice, and hopefully it will serve you well!

I just like the new Tundra commercials. I wouldn't mind having a Tacoma X-Runner though, my friends got one. Those things are crazy fast for a 4.0 n/a pickup.

Good luck with the Tundra.. I hear they are very nice vehicles.. The way things are going right now the gas in my tank is worth more than my entire truck :eek:

Back