Saleen / Bilstein Shocks for Lowered Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Saleen / Bilstein Shocks for Lowered Explorer

Black Magic

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Street
Dead Link Removed

I just had to tell some one I just won this auction for Saleen / Bilstein Shocks For Ford Explorer Lowered! Whoo Hoo. I have been watching these since the first day and waited till the last second to bid for the win. I can't wait to get them put on this spring when it warms up some more.

i-1_B.JPG

Lots of pics on how to install them or just how they went on my ride anyway to follow.

Thanks for listening!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i actually glanced at that auction.. but is it saleen? or bilstein? or did saleen work wtih bilstein? i thought saleen used a different type of shock

Saleen uses Bilstein shocks:

This image was taken from the last Dead Link Removed

Dead Link Removed

It is all part of their RaceCraft Suspension set up:

Dead Link Removed

that is a sweeeeet deal! i paid 174 for my doetsch techs, and they ride terrible, and arent nitrogen. i actually had that auction bookmarked as i was thinking about bidding, cuz thats a great deal!

Are the Bilsteins avalible through any shop or are they a rather specific-order kinda thing- like was finding these Bilsteins for lowered Explorers rare?

Somewhat Rare, the price is what is so nice. The lowest price I could find for them was $64 a piece. So to get them for $158 is great. & to be the correct shock for a lowered X is great! I just needed now shocks. I still have the factory ones and needed them anyway so the thrill of the auction was great! :)

that is a sweet deal. Would there be any point in hunting down some bilsteins instead of just going with the Edelbrock IAS (both for lowered explorers)?

Back