• Register Today It's free!

Sas?

1993fordexploere

Reaction score
City, State
northern california (Eureka)
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 explorer xlt 4x4
if i wanted to do a sas what would be the best axle to do it with?? by best i mean easiest. 1993 ford explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well its kinda a hands up deal... if its half way easy i will change to solid. but if i can find easy ways for more flex with my ttb i will stay. and im not the only one who askes Q's on this name. :)

...Well, there are plenty of registries to read while in between posting questions...;)

..The first thing would be to figure out if you have $1000-??? plus to spend...

There is no free lunch, if you have to ask, it's probably not for you. Sit back and read, you will learn a lot in a short period of time. IMHO flex is overrated, get a locker.

From reading your posts. I think you should put 2nd gen IFS up front.

From reading your posts. I think you should put 2nd gen IFS up front.

i have a decent amount of flex in my X. i just want to see if i can get more. plus arms suck buddy. i do kno some things about vehicles. im not completely dumb

Around here,a lot of people drill and pin their sway bar bolts. When they go offroad,just disconnect the swaybar and go. Not a lot of trouble to keep your vehicle street worthy.

easiest SAS in a Gen I ex is a EB Ford radius arm style dana 44
Seen it done over a weekend, however it was not pretty or finished, but the axle was under the rig and driving

James Marcy did a nice dana 30 into a bronco II on this forum, real simple and good write up

Search

I think the easiest would be a Dana 30 out of a JEEP. The 44, even out of a EB, would still take some fabrication skills that most don't have. Not saying the 30 would be a bolt in swap, but definitely easier. Just my.02

Back