sas? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

sas?

Don't listen to Iz, he doesn't even have an Explorer. He drives a freakin bingo bus!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don't listen to Iz, he doesn't even have an Explorer. He drives a freakin bingo bus!
And dont listen to JTX, he's too liberal and unstable. We can not have these unpatriotic, un-American liberals from New Mexico thinking and doing whatever they want. This is America, either you fall in line and conform to the norm, or you're a terrorist -- its that simple. If JTX isn't going to follow, then let him think and do whatever he wants behind bars - where all the dirty terrorists like him belong. He's just too unstable and if we dont take care of the problem now, then who knows what he'll do next, maybe throw a shoe at you.

Hi JTX :) .. Faux News FTW! FTW!!! [fuhhh-lame suit awwn]

As for the leaf springs, look up the Grand Wagoneer leaf springs -- they're totally BAMFs and DGAF.

where can i find lifted ones?

How do you know you need lifted ones? You wont know until you define the spring's mounting points. In addition, have you figured out what to do about caster and pinion angle when you "lift" -- very important especially if you're running leaves.

Go look at the leaf-spring based swaps and look at what people have used and how tall the vehicle turned out to be. Off the top of my head, I know Section525's, Yomie's, and 21Robbie21's swaps used leaves.

Seriously, go read read read. There is still so much "unknown unknowns" from your perspective.

Im off to bingo! Iz has good advice, listen to the young grasshopper. lolubad Iz

oh im not worried about how high i need to beable to put 40-44" boggers on it and it will be a mud truck so that is not the problem:D:D:D. about the pinion angle i just have to move the spring brackets to adjust that right?

not move the spring brackets but lengthen or shorten them right?:confused::confused:

there fun i did an early bronco d44 on a ranger and then my friend went to full widths so we did it again

if i understand correctly the eb d44s spring width is the same as the explorers spring width, so if i could get ahold of a complete eb front suspension would i be correct to say that the only thing that will need to be done is weld the radius arm brackets to the frame, make a panhard bar, and make shock mounts?:confused:

oh and i want it too be lifted so would i need to get springs for a bronco or x.

ttt

If anyone is serious about wanting axles, I'll look for some when I go to the pic-a-part next time.

Regards

bupm

search scrapp yards and old farms i found a complete frame thats was 1979 f250 and a d44 locked in scrap yards paid 250 for the complete frame and 250 for the locked d44. Old farmers dont know about the buried treasure in the weed.Also go on google type in jaxed craigs list ull find one there

heres what im in for
250 for a rolling 79 f250
120 for 39.5
150 for 15x10x8 lug drove to nh to get them
50 for springs
500 for the explorer lifted sold some stuff that off set the pric
100 for drive shafts 4 of them
im in 1170 for every thing when im done it will probally be 2 k

I have a similar goal and assuming the transmission and transfer case are already taken care of and everything else is in good working order you will have to go dana60 to spin 40"s. your 4.0l can easily spin them and if built properly it will be able to put out the torque you need to even spin them fast enough to clean them out. I am going with a leaf sas because it is easier and cheaper. Either way it will cost way more than 2k to get it done for you, and to do it yourself should cost around 3k. That's my estimate based on my experience,I don't know all your details.

Back