Satellite radio question

Marcus Aurelius

Reaction score
City, State
Toms River, NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 XLT
Hey guys,

I just got a Sirius Satellite radio from a friend. It's an S50 portable model, with the charging base, antenna, fm direct adapter, and all the necessary wires that I want to install in my 2001 explorer. I don't want to use the fm transmitter in it to avoid constantly changing the radio station for static. I can't find where the aux input for my radio is? I saw that I might need an adapter for the aux input? It's a AM/FM single CD radio. Do I also need to plug it into the radio antenna also? because I noticed there is a separate wire for that too.

Thanks

THe Part You Need

If you do not want to use the FM transmitter you will need this part. The stock radio does not have an AUX part. You will have to access the rear of the radio to install everything.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for responding

I have that part and pulled the radio out, but I didn't find a port that it fits into. That is the part that I tried to explain in my first post. I think it needs an adapter to work for the radio.

But, I decided to try the fm transmitter anyway and it works great. I dont have any problems with it. Im guessing the satellite antenna greatly increases the reception for the fm antenna and transmitter so I'm fine with using that.

Thanks for the info. If the stock radio does have a AUX port that fits that plug, feel free to correct me. It might be a useful thread for someone else. I'll check again to be sure.

I've never seen an Aux port on a X that old.

Back