Saving Air Conditioning settings

Hkalltheway

Reaction score
City, State
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
Hey guys,

I want my cooling system to revert to "Lo" with medium fan speed, without A/C or Max A/C on..and without auto...so just fresh cool air from outside blowing into my face...everytime i get this set up...and i turn off the power, and turn the cooling power back on, the A/C light comes on, and the compressor starts...i don't want the A/C light or any other light to come on...do you know how my settings will not be reset every time? thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey guys,

I want my cooling system to revert to "Lo" with medium fan speed, without A/C or Max A/C on..and without auto...so just fresh cool air from outside blowing into my face...everytime i get this set up...and i turn off the power, and turn the cooling power back on, the A/C light comes on, and the compressor starts...i don't want the A/C light or any other light to come on...do you know how my settings will not be reset every time? thanks!

What does the owner's manual say???

Hey guys,

Your profile doesn't say which model you have and there is also nothing in listed the Vehicle Specs.

Mine was on Lo the other day although I have no idea why. I reset the temps to 21 degrees (70 F). If you have the Limited with the Sony touch panel, try turning off Climate. It seems with the update that the Climate and Auto are linked and if the A/C comes on touching that button will turn it off.

Peter

Your profile doesn't say which model you have and there is also nothing in listed the Vehicle Specs.

Mine was on Lo the other day although I have no idea why. I reset the temps to 21 degrees (70 F). If you have the Limited with the Sony touch panel, try turning off Climate. It seems with the update that the Climate and Auto are linked and the A/C comes on as well but touching that button will turn it off.
Peter

I have my car at the dealer's today for a few TSB issues and I mentioned the Climate control changes we have noticed since the update. My dealer called Ford and an engineer there told him that the only Climate control change with the new update was with the graphics on the touchscreen, nothing else. My dealer said that clearly is wrong, and is getting in touch with someone higher up to further discuss it.

Mine was on Lo the other day although I have no idea why. I reset the temps to 21 degrees (70 F). If you have the Limited with the Sony touch panel, try turning off Climate. It seems with the update that the Climate and Auto are linked and the A/C comes on as well but touching that button will turn it off.

Peter

Hello fellow Ontarian :) I'm from Mississauga, and have a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT FWD. I'm absolutely loving it, and slowly learning it! Thanks for the help!

Hello fellow Ontarian :) I'm from Mississauga, and have a 2011 Ford Explorer XLT FWD. I'm absolutely loving it, and slowly learning it! Thanks for the help!
When I started mine up this morning the Climate and Auto came on but not the A/C. The Climate and Auto came on because that was the way it was when I turned the Ex off last.
I turned the Climate off and the Auto also went off. I shut down the Ex and started it up again and none of them came on. So I would assume that if your Climate is turned off before shuting the vehicle down, then you would not have the problem you initially posted. Trial and error. There is quite a bit to learn. Happy motoring.

Peter

I have my car at the dealer's today for a few TSB issues and I mentioned the Climate control changes we have noticed since the update. My dealer called Ford and an engineer there told him that the only Climate control change with the new update was with the graphics on the touchscreen, nothing else. My dealer said that clearly is wrong, and is getting in touch with someone higher up to further discuss it.
The Climate and Auto do appear to be linked. The A/C is not as it did not come on this morning. There seems to be no way to turn Auto OFF or ON on its own, even using the MFT touch screen.

Peter

Back