SCT Extrene Tune software | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SCT Extrene Tune software

aldive

Elite In Memoriam
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
Do any of you use SCT's Extreme Tune software to tweak/modify your computer tune(s)?

With this software you can make changes in the computer tune such as:

tire size
axel ratio
timing
idle speed
A/F adjustments
shift points and pressures
speed limiter
rev limiter

The software is available from SCT at no charge. Take a look at http://www.sctflash.com/downloads.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No
without the ability to measure A/F and tranny perameters, I have my tuner do that stuff

Al I just got the SCT Tuner from Doug and easily loaded the file. a couple of quick questions

You mentioned that you have many tunes to choose from how can you do that with only 3 available on the tuner? Do you have to send it to Doug each time to put a new one on the tuner?

Regarding the additonal parameters available such as A/F adjustments & Spark are these settings in the tuner an offset from Dougs tune? i.e. Dougs tune would set the A/F ratio at 12:1 (only a guess for discussion) would the parameter in the tuner be in addition or subtration to the 12:1 setting?

Sorry I dont mean to hijack the thread I just have not found this info in any of the forums yet

Thanks in advance

--Joe Funk

joefnh@aol.com said:
Al I just got the SCT Tuner from Doug and easily loaded the file. a couple of quick questions

You mentioned that you have many tunes to choose from how can you do that with only 3 available on the tuner? Do you have to send it to Doug each time to put a new one on the tuner?

You have to delete tunes from the tuner and add new ones; you can do it with Extreme Tune software.

Regarding the additonal parameters available such as A/F adjustments & Spark are these settings in the tuner an offset from Dougs tune? i.e. Dougs tune would set the A/F ratio at 12:1 (only a guess for discussion) would the parameter in the tuner be in addition or subtration to the 12:1 setting?

You can eventually tweat the tunes yourself. But just use them as Douge wrotew them for now.

Good luck .....

SCT Tuner Software

Al can you recommend a good article website book etc.. for learning about the tunable parameters and how they interacy?

--Joe Funk

joefnh@aol.com said:
Al can you recommend a good article website book etc.. for learning about the tunable parameters and how they interacy?

--Joe Funk

Joe,

SCT has a book called The Basics of Tuning:Racer Pro Edition that might fit your needs.

Back