SCT X4 WITH custom tuning

EcoPowerParts

Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix, AZ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Flex Ecoboost
The X4 are now shipping.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you describe the custom tunes?
Changes (brief overview)
Improvements (even if estimates)

Does it include an "eco" or MPG tune?

Torrie can accommodate whatever you want in a tune.
I've asked for a MPG tune, he helped me tune to get to 600WHP in my Flex and a mild tune for my wife's truck.
You can do datalogs and he can accommodate whatever you want with your tune provided the SCT software and your vehicle can accomplish your goals :)
You get 3 custom tunes with your order BTW, you can tell him whatever you want with those 3.

As far as specifics of how much you'll pick up I don't have a direct answer on that yet. Boostking might know, he owns one and works for SCT and I think he's the test mule for the tunes. :)

After reading the thread about the Lund tuner being locked to a certain car, can this be resold and flashed to another S/N car if/when that time comes?

Thanks

After reading the thread about the Lund tuner being locked to a certain car, can this be resold and flashed to another S/N car if/when that time comes?

Thanks
Yes, that is not a problem at all, SCT allows you to flash your car back to stock and "unlock" the tuner making it available to sell to other people to use.
Don't forget you can datalog with this tuner as well to provide feedback from your vehicle to Torrie to customize the tune directly to your gas that you run and make sure you're not getting knock with the tune and if so adjust to accordingly. This is not an option for the other tuners right now for the Explorer Sport unless you visit their facilities for a custom tune.

Mike,

Can you give a quick run down of what steps are involved in the tuning? IE. you install the SCT, datalog for a couple days, than send to Torrie for a tune? Or can you just e-mail him off the bat for a tune? This is a bit new to me, coming from a different background here (Audi and GM).

What type of tune have people been doing? I am thinking maybe a 93 Octane Performance, 93 Octane Towing and MPG?

Thanks,
Ben

You'll order the tuner and when you receive it you'll hook it up and get your strategy code. You'll email Torrie with strategy code and define what you want such as 93 octane performance tune with upgraded shift pressure. After you get the tune I suggest you hook your device to your car and your laptop and do some datalogging to verify knock/fuel is good and have Torrie review. If you want more out of it then you can do log revisions until you start hitting knock or running out of fuel.
BTW, I've heard that that the X4 needs to hook up a PC to be updated by the SCT update program before it will work on the newer vehicles. Just takes a couple of minutes.

I love this forum! I am ordering a tuner as soon as I hit send on this!

Having had two sct tuners on previous turbo deezles where the gains were in the 150hp & 200 lbft range, the sct hardware is the way to go...
and it can be resold....
unlike the tunes I got for my audi's - that was just money that is sitting in my credenza...

but still the expertise/experience of the person doing the 'programming' is the important thing that will make it fun !

I would suggest you go into the dealer and get the latest update on your strategy, just to make sure you have the latest and greatest... just my .000002 cents :)

JohnBoy, I have had edge tuners in the past. I appreciate your help but I honestly just saw it AFTER I placed the order. It looks as if I will be in good hands from the folks at Ecoboost performance.

That was FAST! Thank you for the amazing service so far.

Thanks!
When you get your X4 there will be instructions in the box from Torrie on how to get your strategy and to receive your tune. He usually emails almost immediately pretty much 24/7.

Please report back with your findings, if you get a dyno shoot me an email and I will pay for the pulls up to $75. Make sure you do a pre-tune pull and post-tune pull on the dyno.

No way! You will actually pay for the dyno!? That's amazing, I will start looking for one now!

I want to get one guy with an X that will dyno pre/post tune. Let's get some results for you guys!

I'm having trouble locating a shop with a dyno. I'm in the Chicago area. If you have any leads, that would be great and I will definitely do it.

I'm in Phoenix, no idea :)

What kind of MPG are y'all getting with these tunes?
Any improvements over stock?

I saw 2-3 MPG on my Flex (same motor) IF I could keep my foot out off it :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sutton Ford in Matteson

Back