SD Card & Navigation

expoman55

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Parrish FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Exp Sport, 2019 f150
Hello. My friend just got a new company car pretty awesome his company got him a 16 Ford edge on his lease.. While riding with him this week on a trip he was using a windshield mount GPS.. I did notice the MFT display has a message that says no SD card / Navigation.

Can he purchase or go to the dealer and get a Navigation SD card and Nav will work ? Does it ahve to be programmed or something by dealer?

He is really not a car guy but hates the windshield mounted nav ,,,,,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it just needs a nav card, sounds like it should have come with one but for some reason it hasn't been inserted in the sd slot.

Hello. My friend just got a new company car pretty awesome his company got him a 16 Ford edge on his lease.. While riding with him this week on a trip he was using a windshield mount GPS.. I did notice the MFT display has a message that says no SD card / Navigation.

Can he purchase or go to the dealer and get a Navigation SD card and Nav will work ? Does it ahve to be programmed or something by dealer?

He is really not a car guy but hates the windshield mounted nav ,,,,,

Hi expoman55,

New vehicles with built-in navigation should already have the SD card. Have your friend look in the manual to see if it's attached. If not, I recommend that he ask the tech where he works.

Shaay

Question, where is the SD card for Nav installed? is it in the SD card reader in the console?

Back