SD Card for Navigation went bad??? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SD Card for Navigation went bad???

One more question. I test drove a 13 XLT non nav the other day before I purchased the 11 Limited w/nav I am in now and the XLT had an option to load pictures to the background of the Nav Screen. I don't see that available on the version I have. Is there something different between the Nav and non Nav units that prevents that from happening?

Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I was just curious if the system would even recognize a copy of the image and if things would run any faster.

Highly unlikely. Most map databases are protected with some type of DRM scheme, that prevents usage of a cloned map card.

One more question. I test drove a 13 XLT non nav the other day before I purchased the 11 Limited w/nav I am in now and the XLT had an option to load pictures to the background of the Nav Screen. I don't see that available on the version I have. Is there something different between the Nav and non Nav units that prevents that from happening?

Thank you.

Yes, it's there. Been along time since I've loaded. They have to be a certain size, do a search, I'm sure it's on here.

Thank you.
see post 5 in this thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=379432&highlight=wallpaper

Peter

Highly unlikely. Most map databases are protected with some type of DRM scheme, that prevents usage of a cloned map card.

I've actually had success in every car I have owned from Japanese to german.

Just for kicks, tied copying a card and guess what.... Copy worked!!! I have one heck of an IT guru though. Still haven't see. That refund check in the mail.... Will call dealership in the AM.

I thought that might be the case. A direct copy to copy shouldn't be an issue. I was only curious because I know they make super fast SD cards and I thought that might help the read times to the map.

It has been over 2.5 months since the dealership told me they would refund my $100....still waiting. I called him 2 weeks ago and got some sob story about "well...the person that did our warranty and refunds quit a few weeks ago, and I don't know what she did or didn't do before she quit...." The service manager and Joe Cooper Ford is a total joke. Guess I will start calling them daily....

Refresh my memory, bbundy; did we escalate this to your regional manager? If not and you'd like me to get them involved, send me your VIN and best contact phone number in a private message.

Rebecca

Rebecca, I will send that in a message later today and re-explain the whole situation later. Thanks, Bryan

What version of Sync did you have prior to taking it in? If they indeed updated to the newest version, a new A4 navigation card is needed. The old A3 card will not work with the new update.

If an update was done, Ford and their dealers are supposed to supply the new A4 card for free, regardless if you are in or out of warranty.

I believe the latest version is 3.6.2 which requires the A4 card.
I have an A4 SD card it stop working and my radio want work. It keep saying something about my navigation system needs to be updated

I have an A4 SD card it stop working and my radio want work. It keep saying something about my navigation system needs to be updated
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Check out this thread and also the sync version you should have. Which version of sync do have now?

Peter

You can buy sd card from Ebay, or you can use any ordinary SD card, make activation key inside,copy nav data and will work like new.

Back