• Register Today It's free!

Sea Foam Question

justin99

Reaction score
City, State
Terre Haute
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Limited V8
I am getting ready to sea foam my 02 V8. I heard that going in through the pcv valve is proabably best. My question is, how do you inject that in? Do you just remove the pcv valve and pour it in there or what?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe you are supposed to remove the vac. hose from the pcv valve and either use an adapter or funnel of some sorts to let it suck it up through there........Due to the ungodly location of mine I just use the brake booster vaccum hose .... both hoses go to the intake manifold.

i have read alot and im sure of what to do. my concern is that i didnt read anything with the 4.6 v8. with this in mind im not sure of the easiest vacuum hose to use.

well i just got done, used the Brake Booster way. i havent driven it yet, its idling but wow was there alot of smoke,seems to be ideling better

well i just got done, used the Brake Booster way. i havent driven it yet, its idling but wow was there alot of smoke,seems to be ideling better
If it's been a while since you changed the plugs....or you have no clue when they were last changed....now's probably a good time.....since the SeaFoam has sent funk their way :) At the very least check and see what they look like.

Brake Booster hose is the way to go for me and my Ford.....the PCV location on my 4.0 6cyl SOHC is in such an irritating place it would make Jesus want to slap his momma

Back