Sea Foam question

F14CRAZY

To the flo...
Reaction score
City, State
Dimondale, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 GT, '93 Limited
Howdy. Is it possible to put Sea Foam in a spray bottle, remove the air intake pipe (that goes to the air cleaner) and spray it directly in? I do understand to have someone step on the gas a little bit to keep it from stalling, and don't pur it in fast enough to hydrolock and all that, but just wondered if this would work or has any advantages over pouring it through a vacuum line. thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yep - it would work jsut the same. would be a PITA to spray all of it, tho. I just got a can of deep creep and sprayed it in there. This way you feed ALL cylinders with seafoam, not just the rear ones.

If you remove the "air pipe" , there will be no air flow over the MAF meter and it'll smoke those little filaments pronto. Just go to the vacumn line tree and add a short peice of tubing on an open port. Pour the Seafoam into a small bowl then just dip the tube in BRIEFLY. Then pull it out and cover the opening with your finger till the idle smooths out again. Take your time and repeat till you run 8oz or so though it. Don't just stick the tube in the solution cause it'll lock for sure. Do this with the motor completely warmed up. After all the Seafoam is in, shut it off and let it cool completely. When you resart be prepared for a smoke out. Use the remainer of the Seafoam in the gas tank.

Newbi, the theory buzzing around here is that if you put Seafoam in thru the vac tree, the Seafoam will only hit the rearmost cylinders. I don't know

I think they are trying to look for ways to put Seafoam in thru another port.

I recommend getting a length of rubber tubing, attaching it to the TB vac port, and applying Seafoam that way.

Thanks guys. I think I'll go with one of the vacuum lines. I do know that the brake booster line will only reach the back cylinders.

I do know for a fact that it will run with the MAFS unplugged, so going through the intake is possible but not sure if it'll work well. I'll stick with a different vacuum line.

Back