• Register Today It's free!

Sea Foam Tip

Homerexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Upstate NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4WD
After reading several threads about the best place and method for treating an engine with Sea Foam, I finally decided to use the PCV line. I started by warming the engine up and then removing the PCV valve. On my '99 XLT it is located behind the engine/in front of the firewall. It's easiest to see from the passenger side. I left the T in place and inserted a 2 ft piece of hose into the T.

I finally found the perfect opportunity to use the "rechargeable aerosol spray can" that I bought at Harbor Freight. I also had an air connection to blow up toys/bike tires. This allowed me to connect the aerosol can to my compressor so that I didn't have to worry about recharging the can 1/2 way through the Sea Foam treatment. I poured 1/3 of the Sea Foam into the rechargeable spray can, put the top on and then hooked up the air line (60 psi). I started the engine and began spraying the Sea Foam into the tube. This made injection uniform, easy to control and almost eliminated any chance of stalling or hydrolocking. It helps to have a second person turn the engine off just before you run out of Sea Foam. Reassemble the PCV line, let it sit for 15 minutes and then take it for a spirited drive. Worked like a charm and smoked like mad.

note for sea foam users, STP is licensed the sea foam and it is sold at AutoZone, same exact can same ingredients, about $5 less, (and this week buy one get one free so it is like $4.50 ea.)I looked at each cans label side by side and they are almost the same words but a different font, it even says it is made for STP by someone else. The cans are identical, and it is an unusual can

Back