Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Seabeck 4x4 00' 4x4 Ranger Prerunner

Thought this build would be helpful for people looking to put the DBR 4x4 kit on their Ranger or Explorer.

Specs:
-00' Ford Ranger 4x4 V6 SOHC Extracab
-DBR LT kit
-DBR clevis steering kit
-Fox 2.5x8 c/o w/ raised lower spring collars
-Fox 2.0x3 bumps
-Eibach 18"L 650# coils
-Deaver F31 pack
-Fox 2.5x16
-Fox 2.0x4 bumps
-Fiberwerx 6" bulge front glass
-Seabeck 4x4 bedcage
-Seabeck 4x4 front bumper
-Seabeck 4x4 rear bumper

Before with 3" body lift:
P6060054.jpg

P6060055.jpg

P6060066.jpg

Fenders/bumper off, bodylift removed from cab. (thank God)
P6060070.jpg

Stay tuned for updates, just waiting on parts.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

hey just a thought but you may want to disconect the battery before you weld anymore! welding with the battery hooked up has been known to cause computer or elec. probs.... just a thought...

You say tomato, I say tomahto...

Great build BTW, and you can send the airs to me if you want :D

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

Thanks guys, It's a little slow lately sorry.

Yah I've read that before but I've always just gone ahead and welded and never had problems so its all good.

Got the steering clevis on today, shackle flip is done and Deavers are on for the hell of it. Pretty much sitting around waiting for parts.

Ranger fenders got sent to New York and I received Silverado fenders. Silverado fenders shipped back out from here today after two hours of time and two gallons of gas in the truck and Ranger fenders should be here in a week from New York:rolleyes:...shocks are somewhere in delivery purgatory for possibly another week, and new axleshafts to replace the wrong ones that were shipped are 3-6 weeks out.

Maybe I'll start cutting holes in the bed to kill some time?

Worst case I will start working on the explorer again so it's not all bad:D

P6230001.jpg

P6230002.jpg

P6230003.jpg

yes the shock hoop was the wrong length so I had to cut and sleeve... ... ...

Edit: It's all I can do right now to not just weld those plates onto the frame!!!!!!!! It's just asking for it!!!!! :D

So the engine cage was too narrow? WTF?

You have to worst luck with parts. Maybe your secretary is ordering the stuff wrong?

If you're so bored why isn't the Explorer thread updated?! :)

yah bad luck man...three seperate orders, all of them got all horsed up.

The explorer may get some attention tomorrow. However, tomorrow night may mess up Thursday, turning the big 25!!:D:chug::chug:

I was gonna say, Dixon Bros. didn't just send all the parts at once?

I just got a bump! :eek: In my pants.

thats what im talking about! looking good!

W
t
f

Well I guess the third time is a charm, got me some ranger fenders today:thumbsup:
P7140003.jpg

P7140001.jpg

Fixin' to start on the front bumper now:D There is a 25# mystery package coming on Thursday with some FOX goodies in it. Sure hope it has everything:rolleyes:

Chopped this sucker off...
P7140004.jpg

Ready for tube. Gotta run to Kanadia real quick tomorrow to pick up a new shipment of Ketchup chips but I'll be back in time for Thursday night BBQ'n and a nice full day of fabbing on Friday:D
P71400032.jpg

This is all I have to say...

schwing.jpg

Back