SeaFoam Trans-Tube = Bad | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SeaFoam Trans-Tube = Bad

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

buy some seafoam trans stuff, put some rubber pistons in a cup with the seafoam, see what happens.

general x said:
buy some seafoam trans stuff, put some rubber pistons in a cup with the seafoam, see what happens.

This actually should first be tested in ATF with the proper mix of the Sea Foam tranny stuff.

aldive said:
This actually should first be tested in ATF with the proper mix of the Sea Foam tranny stuff.

I guess you'd have to heat it up for about the time it takes to drive 50 miles too. LOL.

I've been to a lot of places, shops, stores, whatever, where the person helping you feels like they have to be an "expert" and they'll say all kinds of stuff whether its true or not because they think they need to have an answer or otherwise show you that they are an expert.

I don't mean to blame them, I just think its human nature.

The original post said it was in there for 50 miles. I think seafoam's directions say to only drive it thru all the gears for 10 miles or maybe it's 10 minutes. Either way, 50 miles is quite a long time to keep it in there.

I've used trans tune in the explorer and have had no problems with the tranny. I used it to help with a delay shift into reverse and it helped 100%. That was 80k miles ago and the trans works like new. Total miles on the X is 218k.

Back