seafoam/transmission filter/rear dif fluid change | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

seafoam/transmission filter/rear dif fluid change

95four.0

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 xlt
#1 who here has ever used seafoam in there 1995 4.0 i am thinking of trying it in my tanns. oil and gas i hear great stories of it then i hear some awfull stories about it please let me know.

#2 i want to change the trans. fluid and filter i googled how to and a couple posts said not to any tips how hard so on and so forth

#3 i also want to change out the rear dif. fluid never done it how hard is it to do?

seafoam is good, i dont use it in the gas though, i use lucas oil injector cleaner.
after a shot of seafoam change the plugs though.

i dont have any experience with seafoam trans stuff, sorry.

trans fluid change is easy, just drop the pan, its like 12 bolts or something, then swap filters, bolt it back up and refill.

diff is easy too. remove cover, ( you might need some pb blaster), then you should pull the cover off, drain fluid, use a rag to get all fluid out of the bottom of the diff. then bolt it back up, and simply pull the plug at the top and refill.

diff is easy too. remove cover, ( you might need some pb blaster), then you should pull the cover off, drain fluid, use a rag to get all fluid out of the bottom of the diff. then bolt it back up, and simply pull the plug at the top and refill.

actually, pulling the fill plug would be step 1. You wouldn't wanna drain the diffy to find out the fill plug is frozen and you can't refill it ;)

Back