• Register Today It's free!

Seat Cover Recommendations

sed

Reaction score
City, State
Pgh, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 XLT + 2015 XLT
Have a 2010 XLT w/heated leather seats. They're fine for everyday driving, but on trips, after driving about 1.5 hrs., my butt ACHES! (passenger side same issue) Is the padding thinner on heated seats? Thinking of getting some extra padding by installing seat covers. Coverking? Shear Comfort? Both seem to have side airbag accomodations. Buddy who has Wet Okole says protect great but not much padding. Recommendations anyone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don’t think many seat covers offer much in th way of padding. Any padding would inhibit the seat heaters functionality.

I don’t think many seat covers offer much in th way of padding. Any padding would inhibit the seat heaters functionality.
Rarely if ever use the heated seat. Also not concerned with wear protection or water resistance. Just need some extra cushioning to make trips more tolerable.

Still, there really aren’t many seat covers meant to add padding. Almost all are cosmetic or protection based. I’d add a foam insert or memory foam pad to the factory seat base. You can also stuff with batting (polyfil)

Seat covers are just that...covers. You might have to get a 'sit on top' cushion.

Maybe consider taking to upholstery shop and have them rework the foam. @Mbrooks420 has a good suggestion too :)

Back