• Register Today It's free!

Seat upgrade

explr1

Reaction score
City, State
Wappingers Falls, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 PONTIAC G6 GT
I scored a 50/50 charcoal leather rear seat on eBay from a 2000 sport for $100. Now I'm looking for leather for the front but I'm only finding them from 4 doors with power adjustment. My qustion is, can I put them in my sport and still have the seats fold and move forward? Would I have to remove the power tracks and switch them with my manual tracks? If this will work will the tracks that I have now interchange with say a 2000 seat? Thanks.

I don't know if they made the passenger seat with power adjustment but I could be wrong. You could probably still move the seat forward but would have to use the adjuster underneath the seat instead of the one they actually made for the sports that's on the side. Also when you use the lever underneath the seat it doesn't fold the seat down like the sport one does.

I just installed new seats with power on the drivers side and it looks like it would be pretty hard to switch to just the manual tracks. I would just try and keep looking for a leather seat that was actually made for the sport. It seems like it would save a lot of trouble.

Back